Friday, July 5, 2013

Mermaid Hair and Smurf Bangs

Meet April. She's one of my younger clients, who like most kids, likes fun hair but can't do it during the school year because of the silly dress codes schools have now a days. When I got text from her mom that April wanted "fun color", I was super excited.

Despite poplar belief, I do more "normal hair" than I do "punky hair" so when I get a chance to do it, I giggle and dance and get super excited!!! It's not so much that "punky color" is more creative, it's just a different creative outlet.

For April, her mom sent me a picture of a blue to teal 'Ombre and I leaped with joy!! How fun!!!

This is probably the most fun I've had doing an 'Ombre EVAR!!! I opened up the cuticle with a quick bleach wash to ensure longevity and also because April's naturally about a level 8 or 9. I chose the back combing method because the colors she wanted are so vibrant and needed to be solid instead of blended like I've done in the past with the Flamboyage strips.

After applying, combing out and rinsing, the expression on April's face once we blow dried and cut her bangs was PRICELESS. Her over all reaction was amazing!! She danced around Indigo picking up every mirror and checking herself out in every reflective surface!! While I was shampooing her mom's hair, I caught her moon walking across the salon floor while dancing and singing!! I sent April's mom a text the next day to see how April was doing and it was reported that she was still dancing, singing and checking her self out every chance that she could!!! Best client reaction EVAR!!!! Hehe!!!

Rock on April!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment