Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Do Blondes Really Have More Fun?!?

I honestly don't know the answer to that question but what I do know is that the path of discovery Mirela and I took to create this beautiful color has been a fun adventure for the both of us.

Mirela came to me a few years ago with box colored hair proclaiming that she wanted to be lighter.... and eventually blonde!! Yeah... I know!!!! Fast forward to our most recent appointment and you can see that we not only got her lighter but we've stuck with it. As time has passed, she has been differing shades of blonde but this is by far our favorite.

Mirela is naturally a level 6 with a heavy amount of yellow pigment. I lift her with Mask Bleach and 20 volume in a full foil. Once she's processed, I use the newly concocted Mask 10,12 with 40 volume and a processing time of about 15 minutes to break her base and also tone her blonde and lift out a little bit more of her natural pigment.

I styled her with Oi All In One Milk and More Inside's Curl Building Serum blowdrying with a smaller, vented round brush to give a loose curled texture to her style. She told me as I was pre-drying that she was going to go grocery shopping and then head home to crash after a long day of work. I assured her that she'd have the best hair at Fred Meyers!!! Hehe!!

Sometimes, it's not about the color we've done on your hair in the past, it's about the journey we've taken to get to the best color you've ever had. I love taking that journey with my clients and love even more when "the best color you've ever had" happens more than once.

No comments:

Post a Comment