Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Sometimes You Swing and Miss

There isn't a stylist in all of the worlds who could tell you that they've hit it out of the park every time and I would be lying if I proclaimed to be an exception to this rule. I am human and, to be quite honest, it has taken me some time to come to terms with the fact that each and every one of you know this. Sounds kind of silly right? I know...  Lucky for me, I have THE GREATEST CLIENTS ON THE PLANET and because of this, I have been allowed the opportunity to become comfortable in my own humanness to say, "You know, I'd like to give that another try."

Yesterday, I did not hit it out of the park. I was a little bummed that the color I applied didn't do what I hoped it would and with a snafu like that, you have two choices; let your client walk out with a not so up to par do OR ask your client if they'd like to let you have another shot at it. I chose to do the latter and from my experience making the choice to recognize your own humanness is definitely the way to go.

Thank you all for recognizing my humanness and thank you for being there to help me recognize it as well. It is my job to make sure that you all have the greatest hair of your lives and I appreciate the opportunity to make that happen. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't but I am so grateful that you all have allowed me the chance to be human and make adjustments when snafus arise.

No comments:

Post a Comment